- Direct the activities of the front office areas and housekeeping departments to ensure the achievement of established quality and guest service standards and departmental revenue and profit goals.
- Adhere to governmental regulations concerning hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. Deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
- At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans.
- Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Prepare and submit statistical, performance, and forecast analyses and reports as required.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control.
- Use company systems and processes to maximize revenue.
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and up-selling at the front desk.
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analyzed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information related to the expected arrival and departure of VIP’s and other key guests, or other special guest needs.
- Regularly audit all financial transactions to ensure governmental regulations and data privacy requirements are met.
- Act as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in community outreach efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.