A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Director of Supply Chain & Logistics to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for formulating & administering the strategies for Supply-Chain and Logistics administrative function & consolidated procurement, whilst monitoring overall performance of the department in line with the strategic plan.
- Managing the overall smooth running & performance of the Supply Chain & Logistics administration & consolidated procurement teams
- Continuously monitor the market conditions.
- Formulate & implement short & long term strategies in line with business objectives
- Reviewing & analysing the spend data to develop negotiating strategies to gain the best product prices
- Utilising expert skills & experience in establishing long term business partnerships with suppliers
- Developing tools to monitor supplier performance & customer feedback
- Engaging the business in preparing fit for purpose supplier product base
- Conducting regular supplier visits & prepare comprehensive reports based on the site surveys
- Ensuring all departmental policies & procedures are fit for purpose
- Continuously liaise with senior management colleagues across the group and share relevant information on the departments performance & its integration with the business
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Bachelor Degree in Materials Management from an international well known university and will possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a Director role within Procurement.
Experience of working in a 5 star hospitality environment would be viewed as highly desirable along with sound knowledge & understanding of Food & Beverage purchasing and a thorough knowledge of the local & global markets.
You will have good administration, communication, time management and organizational skills, as well as the capability to multitask and strong attention to detail. You will also be a team player with effective analytical skills. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
It is essential that you have proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office and procurement software and that you have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.