- Maximise Client Profitability and RoRWA from OCC relationships in MENAP by providing innovative and value added financing while at the same time reducing the risk to the bank by using a structured approach.
- To establish a reputation as a premier Structured Trade Finance Bank in MENAP by increasing market penetration and getting a greater share of the target opportunities in the region.
- Individual responsibility to achieve allotted budget relating to assigned territories.
- Joint responsibility to achieve the quantitative and qualitative performance objectives set for the Structured Trade Finance Team in MENAP.
- Lead a team of motivated individuals with specific responsibilities and targets
- Support the Global STF Team when a transaction has a MENAP leg
- Ensure that the Structured Trade Finance business in MENAP is written within the approved parameters of the STF underwriting standards. Assume primary accountability for the credit risk of Structured Trade Finance/Financing Solutions facilities and ensure a continuous dialogue with relationship managers and experts to ensure that they are monitored and controlled.
- Maximize returns across the Bank by selling the Bank’s network capabilities to clients or potential clients in other products such as TB, FM, Capital Markets etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of the OCC Business Plan of MENAP specific to the Structured Trade Finance Business
- Contribute to skills development of colleagues in the region by sharing knowledge, experience and expertise.
- Ensure that the business model developed and activities undertaken to perform the above conforms to the bank’s strategy and is an integral part of OCC/CF and the bank as a whole using the “One Bank” approach.
- Comprehensive knowledge of structured lending and Trade products
- Credit Assessment and Decision skills
- Knowledge of Structured Trade Financing Techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of commodity markets, both physical and futures.
- Awareness of market dynamics (supply and demand and price)
- Knowledge and understanding of key capital markets products
- Ability to work in a multi disciplinary team of professionals
- Team effort to generate STF MENA budget and develop MENA business with OCC and product partners