The wealth manager seeks to provide an integrated wealth management service to High and Ultra High Net Worth/Family Office clients and prospects of RBC Wealth Management. At its core, the role of the wealth manager is about client relationship management: knowing the client, identifying their needs and providing valued and trusted advice on an ongoing basis. This advice will draw on the specialist skills that exist within RBC Financial Group in tax, trust, banking, credit, investment management, capital markets and custody.
The wealth manager will be responsible for delivering the HNW/UHNW strategy within UK Domestic WM, managing any existing client relationships and for increasing net new revenues to the bank either by extending the range of services offered to an existing client or by introducing new relationships to RBC.
A wealth manager may act either as the client’s Primary Relationship Manager (PRM) or as a member of a Professional Services Team (PST).
Achieve a deep understanding of the client’s overall needs through accurate client discovery and data collection (i.e. KYC, Risk Profile, etc.).
Develop an overall strategy to meet the client’s needs.
Collaborate with specialist partners within RBCFG to execute that strategy.
Provide specialist input based on the wealth manager’s own knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Maintain close contact with client in order to monitor and communicate changes related to client information to specialist partners.
Communicate relevant regulatory and market changes to client.
- Proven Relationship Management skills: Has an ability to understand client needs, the knowledge and communication skills to identify and articulate issues and solutions, the integrity to earn the client’s trust and the business acumen to recognize mutually beneficial opportunities for the client and RBC.
- Superior Business development skills: Demonstrates superior business development skills, the ability to target new High Net Worth prospective clients, to spot opportunities to promote RBC’s services, to earn referrals from existing clients, contacts and colleagues and to close business.
- Accountability: Accepts accountability for business and individual performance targets agreed with management.
- Ethics, integrity and discipline: Is dedicated to conforming to local policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in managing peer relationships: Recognized as a team player, is focused on client need. Can solve problems quickly by identifying the ‘real’ issues and ensuring that all interests are represented. Gains the trust and support of others, encourages collaboration and can deliver negative messages effectively.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation: Ability to operate in a complex business environment, think creatively and be entrepreneurially minded.
- Communication skills: Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Adaptability: Supports procedural changes caused by regulatory and business requirements and provides constructive feedback for the betterment of the business.