The Centre for Financial Studies [CFS] was established in 2013 as a subsidiary of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) with a vision to be the most globally respected African Centre for Financial Studies. An affiliate Centre of the Lagos Business School, it is positioned as a thought-led Institution, offering research capabilities and knowledge based events on contemporary and emerging issues in banking and finance. The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria established the Centre for Financial Studies as a strategic contribution towards addressing the shortage in executive capacity in the banking and finance industry and has positioned it to provide top executive personnel in financial services institutions the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of sound financial knowledge.
The Director shall have the responsibility of:
- Engaging in research on topical contemporary and emerging issues in the Banking and Finance Industry with a view to advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
- Engaging in policy advocacy by generating position/occasional papers on relevant and topical issues in banking and finance.
- Collaborating with any organization or tertiary institutions towards the achievement of the objectives of the Centre.
- Organising knowledge events such as Round-tables, Guest Speaker -Series, Breakfast Sessions, Public Lecture to provide platform for discussing research findings, access to high quality intelligence about the operating business environment, and also discuss burning issues relevant to banking and finance practitioners, regulators, academics and members of the Institute.
In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic and professional practice.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A Doctorate degree or a Master's degree in any of the social sciences or business related disciplines.
- Possession of relevant Professional Qualifications such as ACIB/FCIB is an added advantage.
- Candidates must possess membership of relevant and reputable professional body / bodies in Nigeria or overseas and be able to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff, researchers, and other stakeholders.
- At least fifteen (15) years academic, professional and administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in managerial position in an institution of comparable status.
- Demonstrable ability to offer academic and administrative leadership as well as the ability to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of the Office of the Director.
- Evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer Skill Use of Statistical Packages e.g. SPSS and Microsoft Suite.
- Research Skill.
- Writing Skill.
- Presentation Skill.
- Verbal Communication Skill.
- Leadership Skill.
- knowledge of laws, guidelines, policies and regulations relating to the
- Banking and Finance industry.
- Ph.D. degree (desirable); and Relevant professional qualification(s) (essential)
- Academic and administrative leadership (essential); and scholarly publications (essential).
- Research Skill (essential); Writing Skill (essential), Presentation Skill (essential); and Industry knowledge (desirable).
Attitude & Disposition:
- Candidate must possess Professional and Ethical attitude necessary for the job.
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years and may be renewed for a second term of four (4) years subject to satisfactory performance.
- The remuneration attached to the position is similar to those enjoyable in the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
- The Director will be required to interact with Management and Staff and all stakeholders of the Institute.