To manage the daily operations of the Global Sales Support department. Liaise with third-party solution providers and SBU's to maximize system contribution. Embody the Guiding Principal and Service Hallmarks in interacting with all internal and external customers while carrying out the day to day responsibilities of the role.
- Provide training and leadership to support specialists and Assistant Managers in resolving distribution related issues and servicing queries from the SBU's.
- Assist the Revenue Management team at the SBU and regional levels to implement pricing strategies to maximize system revenues.
- Review rate loading process and accuracy of rate information on distribution channels. (Web, GDS, IDS and Voice).
- Develop HOD standards and auditing processes to ensure up to date and accurate information is being published.
- Manage RFP process to facilitate timely loading and submission of bids.
- Ensure department workflow, policies and SLA are adhered to.
- Coordinate with CRS and other vendors (as needed) to manage day to day distribution operations.
- Develop VAT process to identify and resolve possible system issues prior to release(s).
- Work with Group IT to resolve problems with system interfaces and other issues as needed.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of new SBU's in the distribution networks so that they are ready on time to start taking bookings.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
It is essential that you have distribution based experience either for a hospitality company, chain or with a reservation service provider and at least three years experience in a management position.
You must be proficient in and with excellent knowledge of; GDS Systems, Operations, Switch connectivity, CRS (SynXis, Thrust, Pegasus, Micros ORS, etc.), PMS (Fidelio, Opera, etc), Internet booking Engines, Revenue Management Systems, Interfaces between PMS, CRS, RMS and experience in chain code switches and hotel implementations.
Additional languages as well as a bachelor's/masters degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management will be viewed as highly desirable.