- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the plant and substation
- Notes changes in load and makes routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to supervision.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- OND Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering
- Professional qualification; NAPTIN Certificate, NSE (Technologist) is an added advantage
- Experience: 1-3 years
- Technical knowledge of power distribution network
- Technical knowledge in Switchgear Operation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Safety and basic standard protection
- Good Communication skill