As the District Sales Leader for Honeywell Building Solutions, you will drive the sales cadence of the sales force across the District. You will be the Sales functional head and champion the sales process and delivery across the UAE & Gulf. Forming a key part of the District leadership team reporting directly to the District General Manager.
- Business Relationships: Leverages relationships with the customer in support of local sales strategies; responsible for strategy and execution for assigned geography to achieve results; responsible for allocation of internal and external resources; responsible for approving all goals for sales professionals in assigned area; Partner with marketing to translate STRAP into deployment plans
- Sales Process: Provides geographic coordination of sales activities and manages resources to maximize results from identified sales opportunities; Ensure approved sales processes are followed and company procedures and systems are effectively deployed in the geographic area; Provide leadership and appropriate sign-off for strategic sales pursuits; Lead planning and sales forecasting processes with emphasis on Focus 5; Monitors and tracks key sales performance metrics.
- Customers: Customer value management and pricing: Analysis of market dynamics and value chain proposition to target defined customer sets; Facilitating competitive strategy planning with the team; drive key growth initiatives with sales team; Develop relationship with existing and potential key customers; Networks effectively both internally and externally to develop strong relationships with clients and business contacts
- People Management: Inspire and motivate a group of sales managers that deliver results; Provide strategic vision to the sales team; Attract, mentor, and develop team members in support of sales excellence; encourages and supports learner driven development; responsible for training, coaching and certification of sales skills and processes; Identify strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and build a high performing team; Strong working relationship with general manager(s) of assigned geography Achieves results through people; Leads change for the betterment of the team; Provide ongoing performance management to encourage others to continuously improve
- Results: Growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites; Target orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan; Accurate forecast of orders & growth opportunities
- Bachelors degree in either Engineering or Commercial field
- Ten+ years of related sales experience.
- Minimum of five years of successful sales leadership
- Proven expertise in building successful sales teams and leaders
- Demonstrated success in coaching sales leaders engaged in complex sales/pursuits
- Capable of balancing short term results with long term strategy
- Demonstrated credibility at the executive level in internal and external organizations
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong coaching and influencing skills; ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Establish credibility and respect for self and Honeywell internally & externally
- Motivates and inspires others
- Fosters development of a common vision and fully participates in creating a unified leadership team that gets results.
- Exhibits strategic leadership skills that clearly identify the strengths and weaknesses of their own organizations
- Pushes self and others to achieve bottom line results
- Manage and direct resources towards meeting clearly articulated account and geographic growth objectives
- Prioritize and focus efforts on best opportunities (short and long term) based on business needs.
- Effective communicator to internal and external resources and customers
- Execute effective negotiation strategies and plans
- Excels in and experienced at coaching and modelling key sales and leadership skills
- Anticipate future trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
- Drives and inspects a culture of accountability
- Changes behavioural style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal
- Takes intelligent, decisive action despite risks, conflict, or uncertainty
- Generates novel & valuable ideas and uses these to develop new and improved processes, systems, offerings or services