Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director, Statistics Department, the incumbent will be responsible for managing and overseeing the following:
African Information Highway Initiative (Database and statistical portal management)
- Coordinate the work on the African Information Highway (AIH) initiative, including ensuring efficient operation of all portal system linking all RMCs, statistical training centers & sub-regional organizations in Africa.
- Develop and manage, in partnership with RMCs, and regional and international agencies, databases and Statistical Portals on economic and social statistics in RMCs as well as on development cooperation in Africa;
- Develop and maintain knowledge base on economic statistics related to national accounts, prices, international trade, business, finance and money, debt, private sector, etc.;
- Develop and maintain knowledge base on Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS), Population & social statistics, Gender Poverty publication, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Africa Infrastructure Knowledge Program (AIKP) activities, social database updates, etc.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base on external trade, debt, financial flows, tourism, debt, Africa Financial Market Initiative (AFMI), Making Finance Work for Africa (MFW4A),
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of the Bank's statistical databases, including access, interface and utilization;
- Coordinate the work with the IMF and others to ensure regular and timely submission of data by RMCs into the AIH system and regular data updates for all other critical development data on Africa;
- Work with countries to oversee the preparation and dissemination of statistical products and provide input into making data, analyses and reports accessible and available through various media.