Under the supervision of the NEPAD-IPPF Manager, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Research and develop analytical reports on IPPF programs including the annual reports;
- Analyse IPPF’s portfolio and develop reports on Portfolio performance;
- Track and report on the development impact of IPPF funded interventions through an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework
- In collaboration with infrastructure specialists provide briefs and quarterly reports on IPPF’s programmes for OC members;
- Work closely with the Portfolio analyst to monitor portfolio performance & propose actions to improve performance to management;
- Support the NEPAD-IPPF Manager in the implementation of IPPF operations and the Strategic Business Plan (SBP);
- Provide material for IPPF’s website and newsletter Prepare and disseminate the quarterly status report on the execution of the objectives of the SBP;
- Any other activity that will be assigned by the Manager or the Director.
The purpose of the NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) is to finance the preparation of bankable projects in infrastructure across the continent. Its major partners are African States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and Specialized Institutions such as Power Pools and River Basin Organizations including continental bodies, the African Union Commission (AUC) and the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA). NEPAD-IPPF focuses on Transport, Transboundary Water Resources, Energy and ICT sectors. It is a multi-donor Facility managed by the African Development Bank through the NEPAD, Regional Integration and Trade Department. The key activities of the unit are the management and administration of the resources of the Facility, resource mobilization, organization of Oversight Committee (OC) meetings and portfolio management in collaboration with Task Managers.
The Senior Programme Officer will, in collaboration with the Division Manager be responsible for developing briefs and reports related to IPPF programs, portfolio management, communication, and on the OC meetings. The senior programme officer will also prepare IPPF’s annual reports and support in the production of communication material for the department.
- A minimum of Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Economics, ,Law or related international development fields;
- Proven strong research, analytical, M&E and writing skills
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience on issues in managing programmes, regional integration, project preparation and management including tracking and reporting on results;
- Strong client orientation with commitment to results on the ground and operational experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. A good working knowledge of the other language would be an added advantage