Reporting to the Group Managing Director and accountable to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the Mobile Financial Services department with a mandate to build the largest mobile financial services product in Africa. A major focus will be to drive the total achievement of IFIS’s corporate goals by formulating and implementing the Agency Banking Business Strategy in alignment with the Company’s business model, as well as developing and managing the implementation of sales strategies to meet and exceed target projections. He/she will also be responsible for day-to-day management of the Mobile Financial Services subsidiary, in order to drive the adoption of mobile money and mobile banking by subscribers, merchants and agents. Key responsibilities will be to:
• Identify opportunities and develop strategies that will ensure that products and deliverables are of the highest quality to ensure client satisfaction.
• Effectively direct, coordinate and monitor all sales, operations and market development activities.
• Oversee branch marketing, business development, administrative, customer service, technical and operations roles.
• Execute operational excellence, cost management and compliance to internal practices and CBN guidelines.
• Champion customer service and implementation of quality delivery standards.
• Drive the development of annual business plans and budgets for the company, putting in place adequate measures to ensure effective execution.
• Allocate resources as required by the various departments to ensure achievement of targets and goals.
A master’s degree in Management, Accounting, Finance or other Social Science or Engineering-related disciplines.
• A minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience, four (4) of which must have been in a Senior Management position of a similar Organization.
• Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable.
• Knowledge of Project Management.