Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Dock Manager manages the operation of the dock site ensuring all work is carried out in an efficient manner, maintains existing customers by ensuring customers are serviced as scheduled, and solicits new business
1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in drydocking, painting, cleaning, and repairing vessels.
2) Directs DOCK HAND in assembling, positioning, and securing blocks to floating drydock platform, marine railway, or floor of graving dock.
3) Sights reference points for positioning vessel over blocks, using transit, and directs DOCK HAND in aligning of vessel over blocks.
4) Directs workers in pumping operations to raise vessel and in positioning, flooding, and pumping caisson in graving dock.
5) Directs workers engaged in cleaning and maintenance of vessel.
6) Oversees flooding operations and removal of vessels from drydock.
7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
-Work well with others in a team environment and independently.
-Ability to manage and supervise drivers
-Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
-Highly organized; superior time management skills.
-Good math and computer skills.