In this role you will be required to provide the highest standard of evidence based medical care for Company staff and eligible dependents, within the quality and accreditation standards to meet General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and Dubai Health Authority (DHA) regulatory requirements, whilst remaining within strict budgetary controls.
In this role you will be required to:
- Provide appropriate preventive and curative health care and health education for Company staff and their dependants, as per eligibility. This includes routine and urgent medical care, as rostered by the department, to ensure patients optimal health care.
- Conduct medical assessments and monitor the health of employees as per Company policy, applying good practice principles of occupational and aviation medicine to determine fitness for work. This includes but is not limited to, pre-employment and periodic / referral medical assessments.
- Facilitate access for patients to specialised medical treatment from an approved list of providers, including specialists and / or hospitals, to ensure continuity and optimal care is provided at all times.
- Conduct regulatory medical examinations in compliance with the UAE Civil Aviation regulations to maintain flight safety and optimum productivity of flight crew.
- Review medical clearance forms (Medifs) for passengers and make judgements on fitness to fly in line with Emirates Group Policy and industry regulations to ensure patient and flight safety.
- Participate in specific medical education programmes as required, including to meet operational and service needs, and / or for developmental purposes.
- Maintain all licences required to meet the regulatory requirements of the DHA and GCAA to operate as a licenced Doctor and Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). This includes but is not limited to meeting stipulated continuing medical education (CME) requirements.
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:
- Degree or Honours (12 + 6 or equivalent) MBChB, MBBS, MD, or the equivalent medical degree from an accredited university medical school is required. Completion of vocational training in general practice is preferred.
- Current medical registration with a recognised medical board or council is required along with qualifications and minimum experience acceptable to the DHA for registration and licensing.
- Experience in Orthopaedics is essential.
- An additional degree or diploma in Sports Medicine or Musculoskeletal Medicine to respond to the current needs of Emirates Group Medical Services would an advantage.
- A fellowship or membership to one of the Royal Colleges or equivalent is preferred.
- 5+ years post graduate experience in General Practice and/or Sports Medicine is essential.
- Previous experience working in an aviation and/or Safety sensitive environment is preferable.
- Skilled in working in a large multi-cultural corporation advantageous
- Strong IT skills
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave, health care packages, accommodation and more.