Reporting to: Information
- Provide an organized exchange of documents with co-workers, clients, or vendors.
- Perform equal parts of database management, administrative support and quality assurance tasks.
- Manage all project documents and records
- Manage document/drawing reviews and approvals, including change requests and updates ensure end users are using the correct version
- Ensure that documents are complete, accurate and in compliance with ND procedures
- Circulate new documents and related change notices for approval by all stakeholders.
- Ensure that obsolete/ supersede documents/drawings are effectively collected and destroyed
Key Aims and Objectives
- Develop a document control system to improve productivity and enhance client relationship/satisfaction.
- Assist the project teams with document management
- Ensure version control and efficient distribution to project staff
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by project teams and departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the validation of documents to ensure version control, approvals and distribution
- Sending, receiving, distributing and tracking documents.
- Accuracy checks and recording of data about documents and their storage.
- Monitor deadlines, audit information, research and answer queries
- Maintain document control registers / documents for incoming and outgoing project documents.
- Production of status reports for weekly / monthly meetings
- Develop and maintain a document transmittal process
- Respond to queries regarding revision status of issued drawings/documents
- Follow and update document control procedures when necessary
- Scanning, creation of CD’s and files manipulation.
- Assure document quality to include completeness, accuracy and compliance with Gulf procedures
- Filing and archiving of documentation to facilitate easy retrieval at a later date.
- Manage the document/drawing review process, Internal and External.
- Archiving data for historical purposes.
- Perform regular audit on Gulf documents in order to ensure that all documents are properly submitted to other units of the department(s).
- Effectively follow the company’s standard operating procedure in submissions of documents.
- Edit documents that have typographic errors and other types of errors that may lead to the disqualification of a document.
- Ensuring that all files submitted are approved
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- Commercial Department
- Technical Department
- Plant Department
- Nigerdock Nigeria Plc and her Clients
- A minimum of 10 years trade background (preferably carpentry) along with at least 5 years of site supervision experience is essential. Must have a good sound knowledge and experience of all construction disciplines from groundwork’s, shuttering to finishing works such as tiling, plastering etc.
- Should have previous experience in managing Construction industry documents and records
- Familiar with following standards will be an added advantage
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems - document control requirements
- ISO 2709 Information and documentation - Format for information exchange,
- ISO 15489 Information and documentation - Records management
- ISO 23950 Information and documentation - Information retrieval (Z39.50) - Application service definition and protocol specification
- ISO 10244 Document management - Business process base lining and analysis
- ISO 32000 Document management - Portable document format.