1. To carry out the technical design and put together a programme for thesafe drilling and completion of wells assigned to his rig to approved standards.
2. To monitor the progress of work on his assigned rig and to give real-time advice and support to the Senior Engineer on operations and other matters affecting the performance of the rig.
Position description – Accountabilities
1. Demonstrate a high commitment to HSE.
2. Carry out well design which includes, casing design and selection, drill fluids, torque and drag, well control, drill string using the appropriate well engineering design software.
3. Prepare the drilling and completion programs, and obtain approvals from relevant authorities.
4. Monitor the progress of drilling and completion operations and report critical issues to the Senior Engineer.
5. Implement change control procedures to ensure that changes to procedures either planned or unplanned have the necessary level of technical authority approval.
6. Manage the personnel logistics and expedite materials and equipment to and from the rig.
7. Promptly process the contractor invoice for jobs rendered.
9. Manage the interfaces between CWI, Well Construction, Production Operations and the Development Teams.
10. Manage the service contractors to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts
. A professional engineer in possession of a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
2. A minimum of 5 years experience in Drilling and Completion of wells with minimum of 2 years as a Night Drilling Supervisor on the rig.
3. Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of well control techniques and drilling operations practices
4. Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software. Conversant with relevant software (Well Plan for Windows, Compass especially)
5. Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing.
6. In possession of a valid IWCF certificates or equivalent.