. Ability to initiate plans for the Improvement of company systems and procedures for cost control and manages approved development work.
2. Ability to operate and maintain detailed systems and written procedures for the control of CAPEX in excess of a certain amount per year that will satisfy the requirements of quality accreditation and periodic audits
3. Ability to maintain historical drilling and completion cost/expenditure records and data against which trends may be measured and estimates developed.
4. Ability to supervise the operation of the company's integrated project cost control systems and all other applications relevant to the cost function
5. Ability to prepare and make presentations to JV Partners, management and project personnel on current project cost control methods and procedures
6. Ability to support the drilling teams in formulating budgets for both corporate and external budget cycles.
7. Ability to assist the drilling department with the preparation of Authorizations for Expenditure ("AFEs"), particularly as regards developing realistic cost estimates for activity line items within each AFE.
8. Ability to review and process drilling invoices to ensure compliance with the commercial terms of contracts and correct coding of costs.
9. Ability to develop and produce cost reports for submission to the drilling team, JV Partners, and management and the corporate office to explain the drilling cost performance
10. Ability to support the Contracts & Procurement team in the contracting and procurement of drilling materials and services, ensuring that C&P activity falls within planned budgets and that drilling requisitions are coded correctly.
11. Ability to organize and participate in regular inventory/stock checks at all locations where drilling stock is held.
12. Ability to provide any and all necessary support during routine audits of drilling costs by corporate auditors, partners, and statutory auditors.
13. Ability to analyse cost expenditure reports; reviews project progress and makes recommendations to drilling engineers and supervisors.
14. Ability to prepare, evaluate and participate in discussions for cost variation issues related to specific projects and develops ways to address them and keep documentation for tracking purposes.
15. Ability to establish a routine system for actual drilling cost (field estimate) against any specific AFE estimation to efficiently monitor the AFE status and raise the red flag for AFE revision when needed and drive the process for supplementary AFE.
16. Ability to make contributions in recommending and initiating cost and budget control systems and related procedures.
Minimum of 8yrs experience in drilling and completions, with atleast 6yrs as spread evenly as drilling engineer operations, well cost/well planning /well contract engineer.
- Excellent understanding of well operations, drilling contractor and rig activities
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Drilling and completion services
- Excellent use of MS Excel and associated applications/macros
- Excellent use of other applicable cost management soft wares