- Ability to contribute effectively in company HSSE programs & systems. Promote active use of the SHIC system and ensure strict compliance with HSSE-MS manual.
- Ability to conduct and lead investigations on incidents with team to determine route cause, learning’s and recommendations to Management.
- Ability to assess the suitability of new and existing drilling and camp sites for drilling operations.
- Ability to provide daily support to the field drilling, completion and well intervention supervisors in all aspects of the planning and execution of well operational activities.
- Ability to perform and lead regular technical and HSE audits and inspections as per the HSE plan, the audit plan and contractual requirements.
- Ability to provide immediate and effective/efficient solutions to drilling and completion challenges real-time, including down-hole and equipment equipments.
- Ability to manage the interfaces between field production, logistics and materials, HSE departments and drilling, completion and well intervention activities, and resolving any conflicts.
- Ability to review all service contractors programs for various drilling and completions operations with the aim of optimising the programs and making objective contributions.
- Ensure that the drilling contractor and service personnel deliver the highest quality performance and technical integrity of the wells during the execution phase.
- Ability to participate and contribute effectively to in Drilling the Limit, DWOP, CWOP, WWOP & AAR meetings for all wells scheduled in the Technical Work Program.
- Ability to make decisions under emergency operating conditions to solve problems and protect rig crew, rig and well.
- Manage Drilling and Completion contracts by ensuring that the right set of tools are called-off from the appropriate contract without exceeding the ceiling value and the contract validity.
- Ability to review detailed and executable Drilling / Completion /Work-over program with the aim of optimising the programs and making objective contributions.
- Assist contractor to setup a robust PMS, procurement strategy and / or identify + foster relationship with key OEMs/OEM-agents (local & overseas.
- Ensure smooth start up of new rigs (either swamp and land) by coordinating inspection and ensuring follow-up of the punch list and/or the refurbishment the case may be. Ensure reasonable up-time of older rigs.
- In charge of full rig acceptance in compliance with industry & international standards and Ensure rigs or contractor has the minimum stock of spare parts required and as per contract.
- Follow-up of rig & rig crew performance: HSE, timelines, NPTs, personnel qualifications (Mechanic, Electrician and TP).
- Ability to monitor drilling engineering parameters to support drilling operations.
- Coaching, development and supervision of younger engineers.
Any Engineering Degree, (MBA added advantage)
Minimum of 10yrs experience in drilling & Completions (at least 6 of which in managing rig operations from the office.)
- Excellent understanding of well operations, drilling contractor and rig activities
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of rig equipment
- Good knowledge of IADC regulations and standards
- Poses valid IWCF Certification
- Member of at least one professional body, including SPE.