Our Client has been operating as a regional upstream oil and gas company in the United Arab Emirates for almost forty years. It began its activities in the early 1970’s and was the first regional, independent, privately-owned Middle Eastern petroleum company to engage in the acquisition, exploration and development of petroleum concessions; and the production and sale of crude oil, petroleum products and natural gas. It is headquartered in UAE, with international offices strategically located in the UK, Iraq and Iran and affiliate offices in Canada and Egypt.
• Oversees the execution of all operational programmes and takes complete responsibility on assigned rig covering - drilling, workover, well completion, and related activities.
• Conducts detailed observation and inspection of activities on site and translates into operational activities on receiving detailed programmes from Supervisor.
• Reviews programmes in light of work progress, proposes and implements minor amendments to approved programmes in light of unforeseen operations requirements.
• Supervises and controls the activities of personnel involved in the provision of technical services /operations.
• Investigates required supplies, orders materials /equipment from stores.
• Controls and ensures the economics consumption and safe utilization of supplied materials and equipment.
• Ensures safe return of equipment and surplus materials to stores upon completion of related operations.
• Prepares the daily progress report including the daily rig operating cost and supply/acid boats activities at rig site.
• Handles all emergencies encountered during normal operations of rig moves as per Company established policy.
• Implements and maintains HSE programme.
• Reports and investigates incidents/accidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
• Ensures that safety equipment and systems are maintained in efficient operating conditions.
• Carries out planned inspection and self-auditing to ensure all equipment are properly maintained
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering.
• Good knowledge of English language.
• 10 years experience in drilling operations, 3 years of which should be in Exploration drilling.