The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Driver I.
Position / Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive IITA vehicles to various destinations as required
- Convey IITA scientists/staff/visitors to field work and other places as required
- Ensure all station vehicles are well maintained and clean
- Deliver confidential documents/letters to partners especially donors, ministries and embassy,
- Convey project members and guests from local and international airport.
- Liaise with Insurance Officer to ensure vehicle documents are valid and up-to-date;
- Participate in carrying out field operations/activities.
- Perform any other duties as my b assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate must possess:
WASC with valid professional drivers’ licence (Class ‘E’) plus at least three (3) years driving in an international research institute.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be conversant with Nigerian roads;
- Posses ability to drive long distance with good eye sight;
- Be able to work under pressure and be ready to work on weekends where necessary.
- Proficient in speaking, reading local language of the geographical area in which he/she is posted in order to communicate with farmers
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Locations: Ibadan, Abuja, Sokoto, Kaduna, Kano, Markurdi, Jalingo (7 Positions – 1 for each location)