The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Driver II at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive vehicles within and outside Nigeria to convey, IRS, other staff, collaborators and visitors.
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook.
- Liaise with Insurance Officer to ensure that vehicle documents (local and international) are valid and up to date.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Carry out vehicle cleaning and ensure adequate kitting (tools, medical box, and accessories)
- Liaise with Workshop to ensure prompt servicing of vehicle as at when due.
- Ensure courteous and prompt attention to passengers’ needs while being conveyed.
- Ensure due completion of feedback form for each trip completed and return same to Transport Pool Services.
- Ensure safety of vehicle and passengers property.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
WASC with valid professional drivers’ licence (Class ‘E’) plus at least five (5) years corporate driving in an international research institute.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be conversant with Nigerian roads;
- Posses ability to drive long distance with good eye sight;
- Be mentally alert and physically fit.
- Be able to work under pressure and be ready to work on weekends where necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to speak more than one Nigerian language.