Duties and Responsibilities
The driver will provide technical support to:
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel within and outside Katsina.
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Prompt completion of log books.
- Sorting and distribution of mail as required;
- Perform minor office moves which will include moving pieces of office furniture and PCs. Etc as and when required
- The vehicle is garaged overnight in the official car park and the keys are secure;
- All necessary reports are completed in connection with any accident and the driver must report this situation to the supervisor immediately.