Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
Responsible for operating the Company’s motor vehicles and carrying out courier functions.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the company’s vehicle in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
- Employee must ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and accept responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
- Maintain an excellent driving record, meaning that a valid Nigerian license must be presented at the time of employment, and no more than two violations can exist on an employee’s driving record at any given time.
- Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security access to offices, homes, and properties of company personnel without supervision.
- Dress in a fashion that enables the employee to complete the daily tasks, while maintaining a professional and appropriate appearance.
- Perform minor maintenance duties such as changing the oil.
- Clean the car as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure the car is safely and securely stored.
- Advise the Administrative Assistant of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Carry out weekly vehicle checks on designated vehicles.
- Be responsible to inform the Admin Assistant of re-registrations and insurance procedures for the vehicle.
- Ensure the safety of passengers and vehicles at all times when on duty.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
Problem Solving/Analysis, Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Decision Making.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSCE)
- Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Demonstrate dependability and self-motivation.
- Read, write, understand, and communicate clearly in English.
- Maintain high level of personal integrity and reliability.
This position is occasionally performed in outside weather conditions.
Maintain good physical condition that will enable Driver to stoop, bend, twist, and perform other motions, requiring strength and endurance when performing manual labour indoors or outdoors.