- Responsible for driving the vehicle for GANC business purposes, including driving passengers as directed by the office, also:
- Make scheduled passenger pick-ups and drop-offs, as directed by the Administrative Officer
- Adhere to the JHPIEGO security procedures and other policies
- Ensure that all passengers wear seat belts at all times
- Ensure that passengers are kept as secure as possible
- Report any suspicious threats or security situations to the Administrative Officer immediately
- Responsible for cleaning and providing preventive maintenance on the vehicle.
- Responsible for liaising with Administrative Officer in fueling and performing repairs on the vehicle.
- Responsible for the collection and dispatching of mails/deliveries with the officer in charge
- Assist in setup and preparation of workshops or other training events, including packaging and hauling of materials
- Complete the vehicle log daily
- Document all errands, trips and deliveries daily
- Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure the smooth functioning of the office and the achievement of project goals
Qualifications and Requirements
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC) with a pass in English and Mathematics.
- Valid driving license with excellent driving ability
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
- Working knowledge of Hausa language will be an advantage,
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Residence in Lafia, Nasarawa State will be a strong advantage.