Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the HKI, Katsina office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The driver will provide technical support to:
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
a) Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel within and outside Katsina.
b) Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and
c) Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
6. Prompt completion of log books.
7. Sorting and distribution of mail as required;
8. Perform minor office moves which will include moving pieces of office furniture and PCs. Etc as and when required
9. The vehicle is garaged overnight in the official car park and the keys are secure;
10. All necessary reports are completed in connection with any accident and the driver must report this situation to the supervisor immediately.