Responsible to ensure that all guests are offered the highest level of hospitality during their travel experience at Abu Dhabi Airport during check-in, arrivals and their visit to the lounge. Manage safety / security issues and service recovery in accordance with company procedures. Exercise his/her coaching, training and management skills at all times in order to support others as part of the team, working together to create an environment of co-operation and mutual responsibilities. Ensure company standards / rules are maintained with regards to the handling of guests, grooming procedures, time keeping and training.
- Establish and utilize a professional working relationship in all areas of communication and public relations with all Etihad Airport services, sales, ticketing, reservations, ADAS, CAA authority and Royal Court staff in order to provide smooth handling of all guests.
- Direct, supervise and co-ordinate the Etihad CSA (Customer Service Agent) and the GHA (Ground Handling Agent) ADAS to ensure that efficient pre-flight editing, guest and baggage check-in procedures are properly taken care of. Direct CSA (Customer Service Agent) staff in handling guests for irregularities or invalid documents and dealing with excess baggage. Brief staff on Local Emergency Procedures, and any other procedural updates of the company to ensure safety and security.
- Monitor service standards for en-route transit guests, STPC, meals / refreshments, transport and ensure services provided in accordance with company policy.
- Take decisions at all times on the manner delayed flights are handled with focus in coaching front line staff on service level and performance during a regular situation using actual case studies as an example.
- Communicate and liaise with OCC (Operations Control Centre) and SSO (Special Services Officer) and assist the team with delays / cancellations / DNB (Denied Boarding) situations and monitor progress of guest handling to ensure company’s image is protected and to limit the damage caused because of the irregularity.
- Anticipate contact with VIP (Very Important Passenger) or CIP (Commercially Important Passenger) prior to check-in and extend necessary courtesy as required. Ensure on time closure of check-in counters and commencement of boarding for guests.
- Ensure timely boarding of all Diamond / Pearl / VIP / CIP guests and supervise completion of boarding, with maximum attention and care to guests with special requests.
- Conduct post departure de-briefing sessions with all staff to highlight discrepancies and obtain recommendations for corrective action from all staff and advise ADM (Airport Duty Manager) and AP (Airport Manager) about service improvements and possible methods to achieve / exceed the set targets.
- Monitor and investigate all operational discrepancies and guest complaints and prepare detailed reports to ADM (Airport Duty Manager) for further assessments and action.
- Responsible and accountable for identifying safety risks in accordance with risk assessment process, and ensures that adequate risk mitigation steps are appropriately implemented in order to ascertain safety within the workplace.
Qualifications and Education:
Educated up to A-level / IB / GCSE (General Certificate in Secondary Education).
Minimum 5 years or more in related field, with at least 2 years experience on Supervisory level.
Passenger Handling / Basic DGR / Passport Fraud Detection / Reservations and Ticketing
Basic knowledge of DCS (Departure Control System), departure and arrival procedures as well as basic reservations i.e. to retrieve PNR, add comments and confirm reservations.