To contribute towards the design, development and implementation of commercial e-Commerce and m-Commerce solutions. Co-ordinate with all necessary departments including Emirates Group IT, Pricing Distribution, Skywards, Digital Communications Unit, etc., as well as third party vendors to implement, manage, and continually improve e-Commerce systems and usability. The objective is to promote the direct sales strategy of Emirates in order to achieve distribution cost savings and generate incremental revenue.
- Assist in the development of the functional design of new functionality and enhancements to the e-commerce systems including but not limited to Internet Booking Engine, Booking Manager, Online Check-In and Ancillary Services. Analyse, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes and interfaces with other systems. Review/approve requirement specifications.
- Improve and Expand E-Commerce Proposition: Research, scoping and documentation of new E-Commerce products, continuous competitor analysis and evaluation of new technology to improve Emirates online and mobile products and services.
- Honours Degree in any of the following subjects: e-Commerce/digital/marketing/business/Project Management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an e-commerce environment preferentially in an airline.
- Familiarity with best practices in project management of software development and e-commerce implementation is a must.
- Proficiency in analysis and knowledge of advanced reporting tools is required.
- Knowledge of business and system processes relating to airline reservation and fares/pricing would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in m-Commerce would be preferential.
- Expertise in production of quality online development, understanding of different programming languages and how they affect web build as well as the user experience is an advantage.
- Specific experience in supporting development of web sites, including a background using and managing advanced interactive technologies is desirable.
- Experience with Omniture Web Analytics and Tridion Web Content Management would be preferred