The E-Commerce Lead is responsible for providing leadership and direction for growth and success of the organisation’s online direct sales channel. He/she will be responsible for online content management, creating online marketing opportunities and initiatives that would deliver best personal shopping experience to customers.
- The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate high level Omni-channel e-commerce, analytics, sales and retail experience. Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that some of your duties would include the following:
- Develop and implement strategy for the development and management of the online business both brand and e-commerce
- Provide leadership in customer experience including design, content, information architecture, site performance, functionality and usability, working closely other teams
- Develop and implement strategies for in-depth analysis, reporting and growth in online sales KPIs, customer retention and brand experience
- Ensure timely and accurate deployment of new products and content management
- Ensuring constant update of new technologies and strategies to ensure the brand remains at the forefront of online with the designer arena
- Lead strategy and implementation of automated email marketing, lifecycle campaigns
- Lead online promotional calendar with aggressive conversion-oriented approach
- Manage and grow affiliate marketing efforts to reach core demographics
- Expand social commerce efforts on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc
- Oversee product offering and ensuring sales are maximized and content delivered effectively.
- Customer Service
- Manage relationships with outside web developers and 3rd party e-commerce software vendors
- Manage product information production to provide best shopping experience
- Develop site personalization strategies incorporating geolocation, shopping behaviour, order history, email and social media interactions
- Report on KPIs and other issues and take remedial action where necessary
- Ensure all service criteria are met investigating any anomalies with the warehouse or credit and report back to customers.
- Manage and monitor undelivered orders, credit notes, refunds, exchanges, customer emails
- Drive merchandising for categories based on historical sales data and analytics
- Monitor sales, stock and gross margin report by division, concept and product group, for review with Merchandising/Retail operations.
Desired Competencies & Experience
To be selected for this role, you must be creative with a strategic mind and a desire to work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment.
- Previous e-commerce marketing experience in an online retail store
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- BSc/HND degree in Marketing/Computer Science/Business Administration/Operations Management or any other relevant discipline
- Expert user of Google Universal analytics, Omniture/Mercado, Tagging Management
- Proficiency in Website development, project management CMS systems
- Hands-on experience in online marketing, SEO, SEM & PPC
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written,
- Leadership capabilities, should be able to influence others
- Well organised project management approach
- Self-Motivated and result driven
- Proficiency in the use Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment.