- NonProfit Organization Management
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- Undertaking and producing regular analysis, policy briefs and knowledge products on key topical issues of strategic value relating to conflict early warning and response within ECOWAS and, where requested, in ECOWAS member countries.
- Assisting ECOWAS in developing policies and programs that improve and enhance the collection and analysis of early warning data, and the development of response recommendations.
- Providing technical advisory services to the COP and the ECOWAS Commission for Political Affairs, Peace and Security (CPAPS).
- Managing REWARD institutional support activities and training programs for CPAPS staff and affiliated actors such as field monitors and staff of the ECOWAS Permanent Representatives Offices.
- Manage and maintain strong working relationships with all project stakeholders, REWARD short-term technical experts, and REWARD project management based in Accra, Ghana.
- Draft sections of project performance reports, and ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of relevant activities.
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as information technology, political science, international relations, or related areas of study to early warning technology, conflict prevention, and peacebuilding.
- At least ten years of experience in early warning and response activities, including relevant field experience in crisis or post-crisis settings, and in direct conflict programming or conflict sensitive programming;
- Specific experience in building capacities for conflict prevention is preferred;
- Experience in West Africa is an asset, particularly in conflict and post-conflict settings;
- Experience solving complex management problems;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-national team environment, and to strengthen team cohesion through collective action and individual initiative involving facilitation of multi-stakeholder consensus, preferably in crisis situations;
- Proven training and facilitation skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Fluent spoken, written and reading abilities in English required; French language skills preferred.