Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The idea candidate will spend a substantial amount of time reading and planning lessons based on curriculum content and student level. They teach to share the information with students, give directions for completing assignments, evaluate student progress, develop tests and assign grades. Economics teachers also support students with challenging material or assignments when necessary.
The idea candidate will communicate with parents verbally or in writing to share student progress. There is need to interact with other educators to develop curriculum, problem solve and for continuous education learning. College economics teachers may focus on a specific type of economics including macroeconomics or microeconomics.
Economics teachers may perform any or all of the following tasks:
- Develop lesson plans
- Lecture and teach
- Assign and evaluate student work
- Administer and grade tests
- Calculate and assign grades
- Communicate with parents
- Work cooperatively with other teachers
- Participate in continued education training, as required
1. Minimum of NCE, Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed.) or a BA/BSc with a teaching experience.
2.OND, HND with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or OND, HND with teaching experience