- Write and review content for the Practical Law Share Schemes & Incentives web service. This includes practice notes, standard documents, drafting notes, current awareness updates and case reports.
- Ensure materials are up-to-date and reflect current market practice.
- Peer review content written by other team members.
- Work with other Practical Law services to produce cross-service materials.
- Develop strategies to ensure you keep up-to-date with the law and market developments.
- Assist in marketing the service and engaging with subscribers and contributors.
- Keep aware of developments in other services and the business generally and consider how they may affect the service.
- Plan, commission and review externally authored content.
- Research and write answers to questions about share schemes law and practice from subscribers.
- You should have a thorough technical knowledge and practical experience of most or all of the following areas:
o Advising on and implementing share plans, including tax-favoured share plans and unapproved share plans.
o Tax efficient share incentive arrangements, such as growth shares and joint share ownership arrangements. o Dealing with employee share incentive arrangements in corporate transactions.
o A thorough understanding of the taxation of employee share incentives, in particular Part 7of the Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003. o Employee benefit trusts.
o Experience of implementing employee ownership structures, accounting for employee share incentives or remuneration advice and planning would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ideally you should be a lawyer, but we will consider share schemes professionals from other backgrounds, such as accountants, tax advisers and remuneration consultants.
- An ability to produce well-written, practical content efficiently and creatively.
- An enthusiasm for share schemes and incentives practice with an intellectually rigorous approach to difficult issues.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- A team player with a flexible approach.
- Ability to drive projects forward and manage workload efficiently.