Assignment Duration: 10 days
- To proofread case studies and success stories from URC sites in Nigeria by simply going over the text for basic grammatical and spelling errors and going overeach word, sentence or phrase for errors
- To conduct line editing of case studies and success stories in order to plot holes, limited characterization, factual errors or syntactical. URC would like the editor to edit structural errors, tie together loose ends in the manuscript and to make sure that stories flow properly; we are particular about catching factual errors and verification of information. The editor will help to separate chapters and paragraphs so that they make more sense
- To conduct substantive editing which involves the rearranging, deleting, adding and rewording of entire pages and chapters where necessary
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plan the content of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements and USAID branding requirement
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
- To ensure that case studies and success stories have an interesting and catchy title.
- Minimum of University degree in English, Social science or journalism or any other related discipline. Advance degree related to publishing and editorial work will be an added advantage
- At least a minimum often (10) years’ professional experience in editorial work
- Good communications skills
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office and internet and other software for editing
- Fluency in both written and oral English required
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
Negotiable and it will be based on previous documented daily consultancy rate history and qualification
In your cover letter, please provide a list of related assignment done and references to the client.