We are looking for two Editorial Assistants to join our expanding Journals Department. Working closely with a number of Editors across our Humanities and Social Sciences journals list, these entry-level positions will provide the successful applicants with a strong grounding in the principles and practice of journals publishing.
Key accountabilities within the Editorial Assistant role include:
- providing a high level of administrative support across a range of tasks
- managing the preparation of reports and other documentation
- assisting the Editors with the transfer of newly signed journals to the list
- providing support in checking accounts
- maintaining databases
- acting as a point of contact for the department
The successful candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will be able to demonstrate an interest in journals publishing. The job demands good organisational and time-management skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise. Good IT skills, especially proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word, and good communication skills are also essential. Previous office experience would be an advantage.