Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-73-2015
Level: National Professional (NO-B)
Contract Type/Duration: Fixed Term / Two
Purpose of the Post
- Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist in the D-field office Bauchi, contributes to programme design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and progress reporting with a focus on girls education and Integrated Quranic Education (IQE).
- Commitment for enhancement of gender-sensitive teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
- The incumbent of the post will provide technical support for effective delivery of the Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3): a) Support project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of quality interventions under GEP3; (b Support the development of policy frameworks and advocacy on girls education at different levels; and (C Ensure effective management and coordination of partners for quality delivery of expected results.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Primary Education, or a Social Sciences or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance. Training in Quranic education and teaching qualification an advantage.
- Two years of progressive professional work experience at national or international levels relevant to Education programming which includes experience in capacity development, facilitation, planning and management, monitoring and evaluation. Experience in classroom teaching, and local materials and curriculum development an advantage.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization in an asset. Experience in national level development assistance is an asset. Experience with addressing gender disparities an asset.
- Experience supporting advocacy and awareness raising dialogue: translation of analytical findings and evidence into development programmes and policy discussions around equity and learning with partners, including government, development partners, CSOs and academia in relevant area
- Background in Emergency programmes an asset.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the technical areas of UNICEF Education programme. Advanced Technical Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in one of the following areas:
- Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, and/or related fields.
- Gender and diversity awareness. Good understanding of gender and inequity issues in education including barriers and bottlenecks
- Knowledge of theories and practices in, as well as experience in application of: Project management in Education, Monitorin9 and Evaluation, Training and Capacity Development in Education, Alternative Basic Education, Curriculum Development and Knowledge Management.
- Knowledge of education sector planning, including the range of modalities for delivering education, cost- effectiveness and efficiency issues, key institutional structures, components and processes, as well as governance issues.