Purpose of the Post
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to the UNICEF Education programme focus states in analyzing, lobbying in the development and review of the Education Sector Plans and budgeting to ensure equity- based plans and budget.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze selected SESPs/MTSS to ascertain equity focused and evidence based compliant
- Provide technical support to states in the development of SESOP and strategies for annual budget
- Develop sustainable capacity building strategy for states in evidence based and equity focused planning and budgeting.
- Support states in establishing an M&E framework for SESOPs/MTSS and facilitate the publishing and dissemination of the completed SESP-SESOP.
- Support and participate in UNDAF monthly and quarterly meetings
- Support implementation of and monitor progress of UNICEF state level work plans
- Ensure programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral efficiency and delivery through transparent evaluation with emphasis on gender-disaggregated data.
- Promote the quality of rights-based Education programming through participation in the formulation of programme goals and approaches.