Vacancy number: YN NGR-O44U1
Level National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type Fixed Term
Duration Two years
Purpose of the Post
The incumbent is accountable for fundraising and establishing education partnerships, engaging in networks, ensuring leveraging of funds, identifying inequities and ensuring budgeted equity- based State level Education Sector Plans in focus states, accomplishment of programme outputs, develop quarterly budgets and reports, planning, monitoring and reporting as required of progress.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Primary Education, or a Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance.
- Five years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in field programmes relevant to education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset Experience in national level development assistance is an asset. Experience with addressing gender disparities and asset
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Advanced Technical Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in one of lire following areas: Education; Primary Education, Education Planning, Economics, Social Sciences, and/or related fields.
- Gender and diversity awareness.
- Leadership in identifying, encouraging and mentoring capable women.
- Knowledge of the global commitment on aid effectiveness, including the Pans Declaration and Effectiveness, the Accra Agenda for Action as wet as knowledge of the Global Programme Partnerships (GPPs).
- Knowledge of theories and practices in: programme/project management in Education,
- Monitoring and Evaluation. Training and Capacity Development in Education, Alternative Basic Education. Curriculum
- Development and Knowledge Management.
- Experience establishing partnership, working through networks and fundraising to achieve results.