Support and assist with the project implementation, primarily the GPE program but may be asked to support other operations as need arises;
• Coordinate the input of consultants and the Local Education Group including international development partners who will provide technical support for the GPE Project implementation.
• Support the annual review of GPE states four -year operational program and implementation plan especially proposal for SBMC, teacher professional development activities etc. And in consultation with other lead agencies at federal and state levels, prepare an annual implementation strategy to be carried out in each of the 5 GPE project states to adopt/adapt the school based activities including school grants at primary and pre-primary, girls and female teachers scholarship, teacher development model and its emphasis on improving teaching and learning of language and literacy in any scenarios being tried out.
• Coordinate and participate in workshops for GPE project states such as on school based development programs. Coordinate the work of national consultants who will assist in the federal level workshop for the 5 states and who will then follow up with field visits to review state implementation plans for teacher development and the state’s proposed annual work plan and budget.
• Review proposals for implementation of the project activities including school based teacher development program at state level and at federal level especially UBEC, NERDC, the state offices of the National Teachers Institute and colleges of education.
• Support and Participate in GPE activities at Federal level and in addition, support UBEC and Federal Agencies/Institutions to prepare a funding proposal for activities to support the state level project implementation such as the school based teacher development programs.
• Any other activities that might be required for smooth effectiveness of GPE project including attending weekly taskforce meeting and monthly Local Education Group (LEG) Meeting in Abuja.
The appointment will be offered initially for a one year term with the possibility for extension subject to satisfactory performance.
Post-graduate degree (masters or PhD) with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an area relevant to human development work, such as education, public policy or related social science fields.
• General Social Sector Knowledge and Analytical Skills: Possesses in-country knowledge in operations and education sector in Senegal and demonstrates ability to work with representatives of the government and non-government partners.
• Client Orientation - Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions. Actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches
• Proven ability to work independently as well as ability to follow guidance from the team lead
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• High Level of commitment and Results Oriented.
• Experience with education program development issues in the northern part of Nigeria and internationally, preferably in World Bank funded projects.
• Lead and innovate- Develops innovative solutions.
• Deliver Results for Clients- Proactively addresses clients’ stated and unstated needs.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries- Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
• Create Apply and Share Knowledge- Applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
• Make Smart Decisions- Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward.
Education Knowledge and Experience - Possesses experience in working on challenging education projects, and policy-relevant analytical work
• Integrative Skills - Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
• Deliver Results for Clients - Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
• Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena - Translates technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies; interacts with clients at the policy level.
• Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries - Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across WBG, and brings differing ideas into the forefront.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across and outside WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
• General Economic Knowledge and Analytical Skills - Possesses Cross-country knowledge in economic specialty and demonstrates ability to link the macro, institutional, and micro-level behaviors; able to support findings/policy recommendations with credible analysis and tools.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in race, gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.