Microsoft is proactively engaging in a transition to becoming a devices, software and services company. As part of this transformation, the world wide Public Sector Education team is recruiting Senior Education Solutions Specialists roles to help Subsidiaries win core Education opportunities that are becoming a priority for almost all governments worldwide as they expand the use of technology to their students.
Transforming an education agenda for the 21st Century is about much more than providing a child with a low-cost computing device. Central to the success of these projects is an end to end and holistic approach that combines not just devices, but also systems architecture, applications, content, training, services and clear definition of outcomes that can be measured and supported by all the stakeholders. From devices to back end infrastructure, from applications and content to training and support, Microsoft’s commitment to education and the solutions available to support almost any approach mean we have an unprecedented opportunity that will help us differentiate Microsoft in the market.
Whilst optimising for device selling, these “Education Solutions Specialists” (ESS) will be responsible for ensuring Windows devices and our core technology platform including Windows 8, Office 365 and Servers are at the centre of these projects to transform education.
The “ESS” role adds value by:
1. Competing on every Windows Device including tablet & phone opportunity and beating the competition with education solutions.
2. Understanding customer objectives, within and education context, maximizing Microsoft’s technology contribution to a measureable impact in student outcomes, workforce enablement, increased competitiveness, economic/social development or any other strategic goal that supports the Microsoft vision of Anytime Anywhere Learning for All
3. Articulating the Microsoft Value proposition for IT infrastructure, Software and Services, Enablement for 21st Century Skills (Teacher/Leaders Professional development, Digital Curriculum and Online Communities)
4. Understanding our competitors value proposition and strategy in depth to effectively and credibly position against their offerings.
5. Helping the Subsidiary teams proactively close a healthy pipeline of qualified Windows device selling opportunities.
6. Working with account team members, Original Equipment Manufacturer partners, application developers/design agencies, and/or services to drive unit wins of Tablets & Phones and expanding sales opportunities to sell Microsoft based education solutions and cloud services.
7. Providing education solution sales expertise to ensure proposed customer infrastructure is ready for adoption and penetration of Windows devices within Education customers.
8. Contributing to the development of strategic bid/tender responses for opportunities.
5 to 8 years of relevant sales experience
- Bachelor degree is required, MBA is preferred
- Strong experience positioning education solutions to education decision makers both hardware and software, including devices
- Demonstrated expertise positioning education solutions to senior education decision makers by reinforcing the technology value to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
- Strong, proven track record of consistently holding or exceeding quota using a consultative/solution selling approach, focused on solving educationally relevant problems.
- Technically astute - can convey complex issues and solutions in clear terms and recommend cutting edge solutions to challenges.
- Has demonstrated capabilities in building technical proposals and properly evaluating statements of work on solution proposals and providing guidance that leads to effectively meeting business requirements and customer needs.
- Can clearly articulate, based on experience in the “devices in education” space, the value of Microsoft products against the competition.
- Position requires the ability to travel across various countries within the middle east and Africa region.