Ref No: 1805/MGT/EDFIN/NIG
Employment Type: Permanent
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the Company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, cash management, tax management, strategic planning, forecasting (budgeting), financial reporting and business plan execution for future business growth.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives and operating procedures.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conversation of assets.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
Communication and Work Relationships:
- Internal: Managing Director, CFO of VBA group and other Management Team members
- External: Tax Authority, Consultants, External Auditors, Banks etc.
Other Business Units: All Departments
- Supports the Board in the preparation of budgets and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets and forecast for future business growth.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyse financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and CFO of VBA group
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- A strong working knowledge of Sage and Excel is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- A graduate of Accountancy or any related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper
- CA, ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in financial leadership roles, preferably in a Telecommunication industry with minimum of 12 years post NYSC relevant experience.
- Possession of an MBA/Masters degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Big 4 audit firm experience highly desired.