- Provide effective leadership to implement and extend the Vodacom MPLS network into Nigeria and handoff into London. This includes a quality improvement process throughout the business and service areas, focusing on systems/process and new product development
- Lead a high performing team of regional staff to align with strategies.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the MD and the EHoD of finance for review and approval. Manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately and progress made and any challenges encountered.
- Participate in the preparation of operating and capital budgets, acquisition of material according to approved budget and company processes.
- Formulate policies; manage day-to-day operations; and plans the use of materials and employees.
- Under general direction, provide senior leadership to subordinate managers and supervisors with responsibility for operations and support of our network.
- Responsibilities include network operations, interpretive and customer services, and maintaining infrastructure and equipment. Significant involvement in overall network strategic planning and management to the network. Maintains comprehensive relations with various legislative, governmental, special interest, community and nonprofit organizations.
- Ensure co-operation and teamwork exist between the Regional Operations Offices, the Network Operations Centre and other Area support personnel to achieve the earliest and most effective implementation and restoration of services.
- Visit and inspect all Vodacom Nigeria location to maintain governance.
- Develop good internal control system to monitor and control diesel delivery and storage and other company consumables involved in the maintenance of Vodacom occupied premises.
- Generate all operations department reports that have relation with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation, direction, and leadership of the care and operations of our extensive and expanding network.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Network operations team, Engineering department, Customer contact center, Service management department, Internal IT and Field Operations teams.
- This Field Operations position is further responsible for the management and supervision of Local and regional offices and infrastructure.
- This position is further responsible for service delivery and Project Management within VBN. This will include the seamless management and hand-off of opportunities between BDG, Solutions architects for installation.
- Formulate policies for BCM.
- Manage the cost of sale and CAPEX relating to the operations of the business.
Communications & Relationships
- The EHOD report directly to the Managing Director. He will work closely with members of the Management team and have regular contact with a number of internal and external stakeholders. These include but are not limited to:
- EHOD Business Development
- EHOD Legal
- EHOD Finance
- Team members