The EHS Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance with Siemens EHS standards and Legislative requirements. To produce the necessary CDM documentation for new installation projects in a timely fashion and control CDM compliance leading up to, during and following an wind farm installation project and to assist and support the ongoing Zero Harm safety culture within Siemens Wind Power Onshore in the UK.
· Implement the EHS Site Execution Workflow , develop EHS Plans for projects, and supply documentation for the Health and Safety File for Project Handover to the client
· Promoting the suitability and compatibility of designs and actively seeking the co-operation of designers at all project phases when dealing with the risk consequences of construction and workplace design decisions, including the use of HAZID and HAZCON Studies
· Participate in project & client level meetings.
· Develop close relationships & work in partnership with the PC, client contractor & client CDM-C, in particular during the design phase.
· Provide competent project advice, to ensure CDM compliance.
· Deploy to site as an EHS Advisor, as directed
· Monitor and Review site level Safe Systems of Work, identifying & implementing improvement initiatives
· Review subcontractor EHS Plans & cascade to the client & PC CDM-C for review.
· Monitor project level AFR (Accident Frequency Rate) statistics, to ensure they remain within UK and EMEA KPI’s, where AFR starts to rise ensure a project level action plan is created
· Ensure project Krima notifications and actions are implemented and closed out within SWP timescales
· Conduct regular site inspections, developing and implementing action plans where EHS issues are identified
· Lead local EHS investigations, or form part of supervisory investigation teams as directed.
· Develop site-level task specific RA, and develop RAMS where gaps are identified
· Monitor SWP and Subcontractor competence.
· Major Project HSE experience, including design safety, construction, installation, hook-up, commissioning and start-up.
· RMaPS status desirable, with direct experience of working as a CDM-C on major engineering projects
· NEBOSH Diploma desirable, or NVQ equivalent
· Grad IOSH minimum, with evidence of an active RPD
· IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities or similar
· Root Cause Analysis Training with direct experience in incident investigations
· IRCA Accredited Auditing Certificate (14001 / 18001)
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills