The EHS Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the region, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Manage EHS framework and drive change management within SSA
- Assist GE Energy businesses with acquisitions & divestitures.
- Work with Energy EHS HQ Transactions & Integration lead to ensure Energy EHS process is followed for each transaction.
- Assist with compliance at GE Energy sites, conduct audits and training, work with local EHS resources on site issues.
- Evaluate risks & challenges for all new projects & services, and support business EHS leads.
- Support business on all EHS external outreach activities.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies to develop strong relationships and provide strategic EHS regulatory guidance to GE operations in Africa
- Work closely with GE EHS leaders to institute programs that drive regulatory compliance and continuous improvement of key EHS compliance metrics across GE Africa operations.
- Be a guide & mentor to EHS professionals in Africa.
- Work with EHS leadership team to build an EHS leadership pipeline in region.
- Assist businesses with all HQ EHS initiatives such as OneGE, Risk Reduction, NoHarm etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or Environmental Science
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Minimum 10 years of EHS experience.
- In-depth Knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Expertise with EHS Management Systems
- Experience with customer interactions.
- Advanced computer skills, primarily with MS office software
- Lean Six Sigma / Quality certification/experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage global program in a matrix organizational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and interact effectively with personnel in multiple locations within Africa and globally.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to implement EHS programs and achieve measurable goals
- Ability to self-manage and organize priorities
- Prior operational experience of business continuity planning and incident management is preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong auditing skills
- Ability to train and motivate employees