- At least 3 (three) years of industrial electric/electronic maintenance experience in the repair, inspection, testing, installation and/or maintenance of related electrical/electronic equipment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solar PV experiences a plus.
- Knowledge of electricity, voltage and current relationships for both AC and DC circuits.
- Conduit wiring
- Ability to discern assorted colors.
- Ability to produce high quality work with a minimum of supervision or direction.
- Ability to follow, interpret and act on written and verbal job instructions, and reports, technical manuals, and data.
- Ability to operate Company vehicles and site equipment and maintain operating licenses and certifications.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to maintain inverter site in a safe manner.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on site equipment and wiring under the supervision of the Technical Manager
- Ability to operate test equipment such as voltmeters, meggers, amp meters, high potential test equipment under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Ability to communicate status of jobs, or work issues to Technical Manager.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and associated software, especially Excel
Provide electrical/electronic installation and maintenance support for equipment at multiple sites including conduit wring.
- Recognizes safety hazards and follows safety guidelines for personal protection, protection of fellow workers and the protection of the public.
- Reads and interprets instruction manuals, blueprints and control system drawings; applies knowledge to daily tasks under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Completes written and electronic records (i.e. work orders, calibration sheets, time cards, material requests) required to document the work in progress and as it is completed.
- Repair, test, troubleshoot, inspect; and install, remove and maintain inverters or other site equipment such as solar panels, transformers, breakers, switchgear, and SCADA equipment under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Supervise and train apprentice electricians/coworkers to teach proper, safe use of tools and maintenance procedures.
Must be able to drive and possess a valid driver’s license
B.Sc Electrical Enigineering, H.ND or equivalent qualification
- Work around energized electrical equipment.
- Must be prepared to work irregular shifts and respond to emergency callouts 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Ability to work in mentally stressful environments: must be able to react to crises where immediate action is required to correct or curtail potentially damaging or hazardous situations.
- Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, climbing, and working with hand tools in positions above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs.
- Lift, carry, position and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 60 kg.) in awkward positions.
- Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Have ability to discern and respond to verbal and auditory signals