- Position requires thorough knowledge of power electronics, electrical design, engineering techniques, as well as electrical drawing and reporting skills
- Individual will be responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- He/she will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and engineering practices / standards
- Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Technical site survey and customer needs evaluation.
- Design of engineering solutions to address identified customer problems.
- Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the key area and an adequate knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to energy and power electronics
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from HOD and or engineering specialist on unusual, unfamiliar or complex problems
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to installers and less experienced Engineers
- Assigns and coordinates work to Designers, repairers, installers and Engineers
- Assume the Lead Engineer’s role on assigned projects
- May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and project
- Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages
- Review bid analyses and make recommendations
- Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and Projects field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Powerex meetings
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work as may be required.