Position requires thorough knowledge of power electronics, electrical design, engineering techniques, as well as electrical drawing and graphics skills.
Individual will be responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
He/she will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and engineering practices / standards.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Essential Functions:Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the key area and a adequate knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to energy and power electronics.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual, unfamiliar or complex problems.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to installers and less experienced Engineers.
- Assigns and coordinates work to Designers, repairers, installers and Engineers.
- Assume the lead engineer's role on assigned projects.
- May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
- Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor's representatives and Project's field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Powerex meetings.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
- At least, BSc/HND or its equivalent in Electrical Engineering, and up to 3 years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- AutoCAD familiarity is an advantage
- Electrical analysis software familiarity is an advantage.
- Health and Safety Training is an advantage.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects with Oil and Gas, Construction, ICT is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite including Microsoft Visio
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift, push or pull heavy objects.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload's dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client's office, facility or site.