Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Bioxen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our client is a leading electromechanical construction company with 2 decades of local presence and international expertise in construction of high quality buildings and the realization of specialized construction mandates in West Africa.
We are looking to recruit qualified candidates for it's client, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Industry: Construction & Real Estate
* Reporting to the General Manager, the Electrical Engineer follows the undergoing designs and attends site inspections and controls/supervises the M&E contractors. Follow up with the day to day activities on site making sure that the progress is completed according to approved drawings and approved material submissions.
* Contributing to overcoming technical challenges on projects and providing guidance to less experienced team members
* Preparing well-reasoned and well-presented technical content for inclusion in key project documents, e.g. tender documentation, engineering designs, feasibility reports or technical specifications
* Communicating openly and effectively with team members
* Ensure the proper execution as per the approved shop drawings (Site inspections are required)
* Explain the work methodologies to the work and supervising force to ensure that the work is done as per the requirements
* Reporting to the General Manager regarding daily progress of work and plan for the next working days
* Informing the Project Manager (Contractor’s Side) and the General Manager regarding material status on the site and preparing the requirement for the upcoming period
* Design systems incorporating power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, and equipment specification and selection
* Take responsibility for electrical engineering tasks, and perform associated calculations and analysis
* Carry out/Supervise all relevant testing before commissioning and handing over
* Supervise the Contractor's evaluation done for electrical engineering/construction matters
* Analyze work non-conformities and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
* Inspect received material in the site
* Ensure that all reporting personnel follow all company policies and procedures.
* Participate in the technical and commercial evaluation of bids
* Review/present claims for variation orders and provide input
* Analyze engineering problems and offer resolutions
* Issue material submissions, statuses and recommendations
In addition to working on consultancy assignments, the successful candidate will be expected to:
* Develop and consolidate client relationships
* Develop and consolidate networks within relevant client sectors
* Develop an understanding of relevant sectors and keep up-to-date with developments and innovations within those sectors
* Represent the firm at seminars, conferences etc.
* Contribute to the expansion of company and its professional standards
* Be a potential candidate for the position of "Head of Electrical Division"
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and qualifications:
* Ability to plan, prioritise and carry out tasks in an orderly and well-structured way.
* Cooperative and flexible approach to work, both in terms of time and methods, with a willingness to embrace change.
* Confidentiality, discretion, professional integrity.
* Self-confidence and ability to innovate.
* COREN Certified Engineer.
* Direct personal experience in engaging with external regulatory authorities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Six to eight years of experience in other consultancy firms located in Nigeria.
* Fluent in English.
* Proficient in the use of internet, email and Microsoft Office tools.
* Proficient in use of AutoCAD.
* Clear and precise communication skills.
* An attractive Offer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: send their CV's to email@example.com