A position has become available for an Electrical Engineer within the Investor Product Group at Caterpillar NI (Larne). This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role within the Caterpillar Electric Power engineering team.
The Investor Product Group is responsible for the development and maintenance of all CAT and FG Wilson standard products above 750KVA. This also includes technical support for operations, processing of engineering changes and projects, investigation, resolution of product quality issues and Design to Order product requests.
The succesful candidate will report to the Platform Engineering Manager and will carry out engineering functions.
* Development of new products and components
* Design to Order product requests
* Providing technical support to production and manufacturing facilities in Northern Ireland and overseas
* Investigating and resolving product issues effecting production or product builds
* Liaison with other departments such as marketing, purchasing, validation and quality on the resolution of product issues and planning of activities
* Processing of engineering drawings and data in line with compancy procedures and systems
* Providing technical and general guidance to associate engineers as required
HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with significant relevant experience
This experience must include:
* Previous experience working in design and production environments
* Working experience of creating, interpreting engineering drawings, electrical schematics and fault finding
* Working with Auto-cad in a previous role
* Working with MRP/SAP
* Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
* Experience of generating set control systems and switchgear
* Experience of working on genset design and/or a genset test environment
* Exposure to 6sigma through roles such as Yellow belt, Green Belt or team member
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Office