- The operative is to ensure that all work is carried out;
- To the customer contract specification
- In a timely manner
- Within current legislation
- With particular attention to Health And Safety At Work Regulations (HASAWA) & Chapter ‘8’ signing & guarding
- As a minimum the installation operative is to ensure that we provide our customers with the level of service they expect.
- The role is also expected to cover some maintenance activities therefore knowledge of fault finding on electrical/electronic systems would be desirable.
It is desirable that candidates have experience working with traffic signal control products and as such can provide evidence for the following;
- Understanding of Health and Safety at Work (Induction); Control of substances hazardous to health; Electrical Safety; Manual Handling.
- Understanding of Hazards and Risk Assessment.
- Understanding of Traffic Product Appreciation.
- Understanding of On Site Safety.
- Understanding of New Road and Street Works Act (NRSWA).
- Safe working practice with Power Tools including hand tools.
- Safe working practice with Work at height with steps and ladders.
- Understanding of Loading, Transporting and Removing Goods (Vehicular).
- Knowledge on Emergency Arrangements.
- Understanding of Traffic Principles.
- Understanding of Signing, Lighting & Guarding.
- Knowledge on Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Understanding of Electrical Theory.
- Understanding of BS7671 / IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Understanding of the Installation of Traffic Signal Poles, Lanterns and Brackets.
- Understanding of the Installation of Underground Cables & Terminations.
- Understanding of Safe Isolation Procedures.
- Skills to undertake minor repairs.
- Effective Personal Protective Equipment.
- Fault finding on electrical/electronic systems desirable.
- The successful candidate must hold valid UK Driving License.
Any candidate would also be expected to be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.