- Maintains electrical systems by providing electrical power and equipment; offering engineering support; managing staff.
- Accomplishes electrical maintenance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves electrical maintenance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets electrical maintenance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides electrical power by maintaining electrical equipment and outlets; including energy management system for lighting, security gates, security console, and mail conveyor system.
- Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets; providing raceways for telephone communications.
- Provides lighting by maintaining electrical lighting fixtures.
- Provides engineering support by responding to requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Complies with codes by adhering to requirements; advising senior management on needed actions.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking electrical material stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for electrical material; reviewing and approving invoices;
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates mechanical engineering job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances facilities services and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Electrical Maintenance Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Electronics Troubleshooting, Staffing, Technical Leadership, Technical Understanding, Developing Budgets, Equipment Maintenance, Safety Management, Attention to Detail, Conceptual Skills, Supply Management, Facilities Management Systems.