- Under general supervision, performs maintenance and inspection on Measurements while drilling and/or Logging While Drilling down-hole tool electronics and other equipment used in the application for down-hole tools including Directional and/or LWD sensors.
- Assembles and disassembles Measure while drilling and/or Logging While Drilling down- hole tools. Identifies tool usage sheet and determines maintenance schedule required, Verify whether preventative maintenance is scheduled on the inserts.
- Areas of specialization within Product Service Line (PSL) may include: electronics aptitude, computer skills, surface equipment, and down-hole tools.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact upon the viability of the organization.
- Error is readily ascertainable by the supervisor and can be corrected.
- Skills are typically acquired through an Associates degree or similar education and 6-12 months experience as a Downhole Mechanical Tech I or equivalent tool technician training or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required. Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Military training may be substituted for this minimum requirement.
- Ability to work 24 hour call and respond to call outs within one hour.
- Ability to accept calls for off loading equipment and complete the appropriate Quality Control documentation including shipping documents.
- Knowledge of HMS and Tool Operations manual and Global Maintenance Standards for specific sub PSL.
- Ability to locate, read and understand tool drawing from PSL-specific Tool Manual.
- Adheres to HSE guidelines, Safety training compliance including Job risk assessments.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing, as well as all other relevant post offer requirements for job.
- Basic computer skills required.