The Electrical Engineers shall be responsible for the installation of equipment used for transmitting wired phone, cellular, cable and broadband data. He/she shall be a part of, or the complete life cycle of, a new or modified electrical product or system – from research and design to development and installation.
- Prepare design criteria documents, calculations, drawings and specifications for electrical systems including power distribution, standby power, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security and various other special systems.
- Develop cost estimates for electrical systems, including performing quantity take-offs.
- Serve as electrical engineer-of-record for design documents and reports covering electrical systems.
- Provide support during construction activities, including going to site.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
- Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
- Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Preparing and agreeing project specifications, budgets and timescales with clients
- Undertaking relevant research
- Implementing designs
- creating test procedures
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license.
- Proficiency with electrical design software is required.
- Preferred experience to include: electrical design, specifications, cost estimating, construction activity support.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD products is required.
- Excellent mathematics, science, technology and IT skills
- The ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good budgetary skills
- Excellent team working and people skills
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations.